HEALTH IS WEALTH
A sage says- “no one is born happy, but all of us are born with the ability to create happiness.” Happiness is a state of mind and it depends on one’s attitude towards life, not on what one has. The happiness of a man in this life consists in the mastery of his problem. Happiness is not a destination; it is a method of life. We have to realize that man, unlike the animals, has never learned that the sole purpose of life is to enjoy it and only the wisest of mankind could achieve it if he strives for it.
Happiness is the total response of body and soul to the pleasures and vicissitudes of life. There are neither arbitrary standards nor limitations. Those who seek it consistently are most likely to achieve it. Authorities say that happiness, to be realized, must be carefully planned and worked for to be achieved.
How then do we achieve genuine happiness in this life? Psychosocial studies suggest significant factors in materializing it. These are the following factors.
- Be sure to have healthy body. This is a prerequisite to happiness. When you are sick you are unhappy.
- Love and be loved. Always pursue love. We all need love so badly. If you are a loving person you will be generous, good-natured, and patient. You are creating a better world for you are spreading the Gospel of Love in a chaotic world.
- Enjoy your work. Try to become proficient in the job you have chosen. If you dislike your task for it does not satisfy you for it is so difficult, and then by all means, change it.
- Plan your leisure time. Rest and relaxation are needed for a pleasant and longer life. Spend quality time with your family. Remember, “All work and no play makes Juan a dull boy.”
- Emotional control is necessary for a successful and happy life. Your emotions could intensify your joys and sorrows. How you manipulate your emotions determines your happiness.
- Develop your sense of humor. “Laughter is considered the best medicine.” Studies have proven that humor is one of the best antidotes, to deadly stress.
- Pursue music in your life. Music is well said to be a universal language. It is now use as one of the best therapeutic tools to manage stress and a host of ailments known to man. Use music to keep you happy.
- Happiness must be shared. Happiness that is self-centered has no merit. A beautiful saying, “A joy that is shared is a joy made double.”
- Continue to grow as long as you live. Cope with the changes that come along the years. “Add life to your years and years to your life.”
- Most of all, keep close to God. There can be no true and complete happiness if God is left out of your life. Attainment of pure happiness is a lifelong job.