The national govrnment has recognized the people’s effort in Negros island’s local fight against COVID19 pandemic by downgrading the whole Negros Island into the status of General Community Quarantine GCQ effective May 1 up to the new deadline of May 15.
This was from an enhanced community quarantine or ECQ.
This was announced by President Duterte himself thru Se. Harry roque his spokesperson.
President Rodrigo Duterte has extended the enhanced community quarantine to stop the spread of COVID-19 in Metro Manila, Central Luzon and CALABARZON until May 15.
DUTERTE announced regions, provinces or areas which are considered moderate and low-risk in the spread of COVID-19 will be placed under a general community quarantine starting on May 1 AND MOST PROBABLY ALSO UNTIL MAY 15.
Moderate-risk areas: INCLUDES NEGROS ISLAND ORIENTAL AND OCCIDENTAL, AND SIQUIIJOR….BOHOL IS UNDER A LOW RISK AREA. CEBU AND CEBU CITY ARE NOW A HIGH RISK AREA.
Duterte’s decision was announced by presidential spokesperson Harry Roque in a televised briefing aired Friday morning.
Duterte also accepted the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases to extend until May 15 the ECQ in similarly highrisk areas Pangasinan, Benguet, Mindoro island, Albay and Catanduanes.
MODERATE AND LOW RISK AREAS
DUTERTE said regions, provinces or areas which are considered moderate- and low-risk in the spread of COVID-19 will be placed under a general community quarantine starting on May 1.
Moderate-risk areas: INCLUDES NEGROS ISLAND ORIENTAL AND OCCIDENTAL, AND SIQUIIJOR….BOHOL IS UNDER A LOW RISK AREA.
Abra, Ilocos Norte, La Union, Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Marinduque, Camarines Sur, Aklan, Capiz, Samar, Western Samar, Zamboanga Del Sur, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental, North Cotabato, South Cotabato, Maguindanao, NEGROS OCCIDENTAL, NEGROS ORIENTAL, SIQUIJOR , Davao del Sur, Davao Oriental, Sultan Kudarat, Lanao del Sur.
Apayao, Mountain Province, Ifugao, Kalinga, Ilocos Sur, Batanes, Quirino, Aurora, Palawan, Romblon, Camarines Norte, Sorsogon, Masbate, Guimaras, Bohol, Biliran, Eastern Samar, Leyte, Northern Samar, Southern Leyte, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga Sibugay, Bukidnon, Camiguin, Davao Occidental, Sarangani, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Island, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Basilan and Sulu.
GENERAL COMMUNITY QUARANTINE
For areas like Dumaguete placed under general community quarantine May 1-up, the following will be observed:
1. workers and sectors in category I, II and III may continue to work or operate in phases;
2. the general population may go out of their homes only for purposes of accessing basic necessities;
3. in any case, MINORS AND SENIOR CITIZENS those with ages below 21 years old and those 60 years old and above as well as those with ages ranging from 21 years old but below 60 years old but who reside with co-morbidities or other risk factors SHALL STAY AT HOME;
4. non-leisure stores in malls and shopping centers may partially open; higher education institutions may continue classes to finish the academic year and issue credentials to students in accordance with guidelines as may be issued by the Commission on Higher Education;
5. priority and essential construction projects may resume in accordance with guidelines as may be issued by the DPWH;
6. public transportation may operate at a reduced capacity in accordance with guidelines as may be issued by the DOTC;
7. local government units shall enforce curfew at night for non-workers; and airports and seaports may operate insofar as the unhampered movement of goods.
AFTER MAY 16
Areas under ECQ would undergo evaluation if the restrictions can be relaxed starting May 16, the government said.
According to Roque, a “minimum health standard” for areas under ECQ will be implemented starting April 27.
The Department of Health, the Department of Transportation, the Department of Trade and Industry, the Department of Labor and Employment and the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will prepare the guidelines by April 25.